Pilchuck


Pilchuck Fire Lookout as a D-6 Cupola Cabin, photo USFS

Pilchuck Fire Lookout was first built as a D-6 cupola cabin in 1921.  Later the cabin was removed and a L-4 cab was built on the same spot in 1938.  It was last staffed in the 1960's and abandoned.  In the 1990's it was added to the list on the National Historic Lookout Register.  The lookout is located on Mt. Pilchuck at an elevation of 5,324 feet, 8 miles east of Granite Falls.